Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thank you - thank you - thank you




"WHY WORRY WHEN YOU CAN PRAY" I heard this great little quote at church today from a very special couple in our ward. As they were speaking I started thinking about how relevant it is in our lives and how prayer makes all the difference in the world. I realized that all the worries and prayers I have had over the past few months have been answered by so many wonderful people; so I just wanted to say thanks.

** Thanks to Grandma Janis for watching Brex everyday while we are at work. I couldn't leave him every morning if I didn't know someone very great was watching him.

** Thanks to Grandpa Kelly for the endless hours of snuggling, Brex is getting pretty spoiled.

** Thanks to Grandma Sandy for coming and babysitting and especially for all the great blankets and close that he puts to good use.

** Thanks to Grandpa Andrea for making the road trip to come have sleepovers and making Brex the greatest little crib blanket ever. Oh and did we mention the meals;)

** Thanks to Sissy N for being the best Aunt. You are the rock! Even though you pinch Brex and make him cry I still think you are the greatest. Pretty soon i will be needing a haircut!!

** Thanks to Big M. I knew you would be an incredible dad - well with the exception of those middle of the night feedings - Thanks for making Brex and I so happy.

** Thanks to Aunt Mikki for being so excited for Brex's arrival you always make us feel very loved.

** Thanks to Ad for the good advice, great talks, honesty, and most importantly the good laughs that we always have.

** Thanks to Bo and Shanell for moving here and giving me a place to do clinical so that I get to see my cute little baby during lunch.

** Thanks to everyone who brought food, gifts, and visited. He is one lucky little boy to have so many people who welcomed him here.

** Thanks to all the women in our ward - we absolutely have the most awesome ward around.

** Thanks to Scott and Ashley for being such an important part of lives in so many ways.

** Thanks to all my friends new and old at IMM clinic. I love working with you, I love talking to you, and we are grateful for the great shower gifts you all brought for Brex.

** Thanks to Kallie for the millions of cell phone minutes we have used talking about how great it is to be a mommy and the countless other subjects that come up.

** Thanks to Chalyce for supporting me in the fact that pregnancy is not a walk in the park:)

** Thanks to Sheralynn for the great secret tip about you know what - I won't post the details here.

** Thanks to Kell for being a good example of having a positive attitude and for working hard for the things that are important.

It is so great to have the gospel in our lives knowing that sometimes we can be an answer to someone elses prayers and the rest of the time Heavenly Father sends you to be the answer to our prayers.

12 comments:

Brook Wms said...

first.. don't tell anyone how horrible I looked coming into the Dr.'s office, but that was really the last thing on my mind.
second- thanks for the invite, but I'm sure you'll be needing it more than myself, you're a busy woman with work and all. so, if you EVER need a place for Brex I am usually home
third- the incident in the Dr's office DOESN'T characterize the kind of mom I am, I am usually WAY TOO cautious, so REALLY, if you ever need somewhere for that cute red-headed baby, let me know! :_

Anonymous said...

I like that quote. Brex is so cute!

Soccer Mom said...

Thanks!!! Bo loves having you in clinic and we love being in your ward! It is truly the best ward in the valley!!! Thanks for all the talks in the office. Sometimes a mamma needs adult conversations!!!!

Michelle said...

Were you at church yesterday and I missed you?!?!!!??? I was so hoping I would get to see you.

The Mom said...

Awww. How sweet! We do have an awesome ward full of goodness and always caring about others. But the ward also benefits from you guys too!

Kathy said...

I love the blog. You are such a great mom. See you at work.

Launa Nicole said...

He's a cutie. Don't you love being a mom, even when the "o" face is followed by a dirty diaper. How much time do you have left of school? I am sure you are exhausted by the end of the day. Is he a good sleeper? Parker never was, so I had to learn to work and survive on little sleep.

JAMIE said...

Oh my goodness! He is so stinkin cute! I'm so glad he made it here safe! CONGRATULATIONS to both of you! :)

Krazy Keetch's said...

Hey, I'm doing good thanks for asking:) I feel pretty good (knock on wood) so I would say I'm over the sickness..kind of. I am almost 14 weeks so moving along.

I agree little redheads are just so cute and thanks for crossing your fingers!! I would love to have a little boy. I think your little boy is just adorable. He really really is. You look like you are adjusting quite well to being a new mama and thats great!
Take care:)

Gardiner said...

Well, that was very horrible of me to drive through Idaho and not stop to see you, but I only drove through Preston and Bear Lake, not quite Malad. It was a super fun, super fast trip, but I am so glad that I went. Hopefully March won't end up being any more busy than I have already planned for! Hope that things are going well for you guys! Keep up dating your blog with adorable pictures of Brex, I love them!

Krazy Keetch's said...

Looking forward to some of those posts! Hope your cute little boy is doing good and I hope you are getting plenty of rest!!

Take care!

Gardiner said...

Hey! I am dying to see some updated pictures of Brex! I still think about you guys often. I hope that things are going well for you and your family, and especially with school! Keep in touch!