Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thankful for BLUE SOCKS!


Marshal has always been willing to help with the cleaning and cooking around the house. I think serving a mission prepares husbands to take a more active role in things around the home rather than thinking it is only the "wifes" job. And although I am really glad he cleans the bathroom and vacuums (he does a way better job than I do) I have pleaded with him to STAY AWAY from the laundry. Well the other night I was doing some homework - when I heard the washing machine.

Even being quite pregnant, I LEAPED out of the chair and ran to the washing machine to discover the prettiest shade of blue I have ever seen. In the washer was shirts, pants, socks, lights, darks, you name it. But most important it contained the only pants I had left that fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Needless to say I was really mad and cried. The next day when I looked over at him sitting on the couch with PAPA SMURF socks on we laughed for a week.

Finally I told him to do whatever he wants to his clothes but to never, ever, touch mine! Marshal I do have to say I am very thankful for everything you do for us, I wonder at least once a day how I got to be so lucky!

1 comment:

Barker Family said...

Ben does the same thing with the laundry. However, I have had to teach him and now he has to do it and we just have to deal with the different color of cloths.