Saturday, January 3, 2009

Baby Belly

A baby fills a place in your heart - You Never knew was empty.
Adrianne gave me this great quote that really sums it all up.








Every single person I know as told me it is absolutely necessary to take a picture of your belly for the baby to see what it looked like in moms belly.For everyone who keeps telling me to a post a picture, this is for you. I must admit, until now I have refused but honestly once you get so big - it just doesn't matter anymore :)

I am 32 weeks in one picture and 36 weeks in the next. At that time I thought I couldn't go another day but now that I am 37 weeks, I realize I should not complain because the next day will be even worse since you literally start gaining weight every day. The doctor says the baby has some LONG legs and my ribs which are now bowing are very aware of the legs!!

We are still having the great debate of BOY?? or GIRL???. For everyone who is going to have a baby I highly recommend not finding out the gender, it is the most exciting, conversation stirring subject, and quite honestly the neutral clothes are pretty cute too.

Pregnancy Positives: food, lots of resting in the recliner and watching movies, seeing a little foot print outline on your stomach, having Marshal ask every 5 minutes "what do you need", how do you feel, can I massage your feet?? Picking out baby clothes and names, feeling justified about being overweight.

Negatives: now this list could be pretty long. You cannot sleep at night, you legs swell to the point that they are not recognizable, trying not to waddle but realizing it is impossible, having to buy new/Bigger clothes every month. Setting a goal of only wanting to gain 25 pounds and surpassing it 6 weeks early and the list goes on.

Needless to say we are beyond nervous and excited and know that it will be so worth it.

14 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

You are adorable!!!! What a fun time of year! I know you are nervous about school, baby, etc., but everything will work out just fine!!!

Krazy Keetch's said...

Hey, I'm so glad you have some new posts! You are the cutest little mama ever with your cute little belly!

I know I feel bad for him, especially when we have our melt downs, but fortunately he's a very good sport!

Looks like you had a Merry Christmas! I can't wait to see your cute little redhead!

Take care.

Cathy said...

You are the cutest preggers I've ever seen. I can't wait to see what you are going to have. The waiting has to be exciting and nerve wrecking. What colors are you doing the nursery?

Chandler and Angie said...

Yay! Welcome back to the blogging world! So, you are almost done, you look great! Good luck and be sure to post when you have the baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... You are so cute with your little baby belly. I am so excited for you. You are so cute! I am sure you will lose your baby lbs sooner than me. Keep the pics coming!

Launa Nicole said...

No, we actually moved into a new house at the end of July. Johnny found us a house to buy a lot sooner than we had planned. The wedding was great! How are you feeling these days. You are due soon, right? I have 6 more weeks to go.

The Davendorks said...

best wishes for a fast but not too fast healthy delivery! You look great! I wrapped and cut a ribbon around my belly at 40 weeks with both my kids. One day I think they'll get a kick out of it to see how BIG I was.

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're finally posting again....I had almost given up on checking in on ya! You're so funny....you are such a cute little preggy I don't get how you see things so differently :)
Glad to see you're doing well - can't wait to see that little red headed baby!!

Jess and Jen said...

I had so much fun "catch ing up" on your blog! You look so cute pregnant! I know you probably don't feel like it! Stay in there you're almost done! Have you picked out any names for the bundle of joy? I hope all goes well with the delivery! Keep us updated!

ps your story about the clothes brought back many memories about pregnancy tears! Bless your heart!

Dana said...

Misty it was so good to hear from you. Congratulations on the little one!!! I love your blog. We're so glad to be able to be a little closer through them. We also wish we were able to see you and your family more. Rodger especially misses being in Malad and seeing all his cousins. We'll be watching for pics when your precious one gets here. Take Care!

Brook Wms said...

can't wait to see the pics of little baby martinsen at his/her one year b-day party!! (i figure it may be that long before you update again) :) just teasing- you honestly do look great!!

Monica Lifferth said...

I had no idea you were prego. congrats!

Adrianne said...

Well it's just not fair that I'm due 4 months later than you and our belly is the same size...no complaining :) I ran into Andrea yesterday at Sierra's and asked if she was there picking out the fabric for my quilt :) I'm jealous.

Krazy Keetch's said...

A big thank you for the B12 and unisom info. I am really going to need something if I'm going to survive these next 5 weeks or however long I'm going to have to suffer. I know wah wah.

You should be havin yours any day now, right? You are so lucky! Good luck! I hope you have a really good delivery and everything goes smoooth for you :)

Oh and yes we want a boy! I don't think this house can handle 5 girls. That's a just too much. But we will be happy with whatever we get!