Monday, February 2, 2009

Meet BREX

Brex Kelly Martinsen came to earth January 14, 2009. He was 2 weeks early but stilled weighed in at 7 lb 10 oz,and was 20in long. Surprisingly he was born with a head full of RED hair and is the cutest little guy ever!

On Wednesday we went in for a doctors appt and they tried really hard to tell me it wasn't time for him to come - but they humored me and sent me to the hospital to be checked and sure enough 5 minutes later I was in labor and dilated to a 6 in about an hour and a half - so we thought things would happen pretty fast but --- then he become very stuck in the birth canal and his cord was too short to let him drop any further so they rushed us in for an emergency C-section and (literally) 10 minutes later he was here!!!

Honestly I have never been so scared and I just remember praying over and over to Heavenly Father to please take care of us, and he did. I have never felt so lucky and blessed to have such an amazing little guy in our life. We both love being parents so much - and cannot wait for the opportunity to do it again.

Not only does he look just like Marshal but he also takes after him in so many other ways. He Never, Ever, Ever cries, he is always happy and smiling. He is a little muscle man too. He did a full push-up on day 2 (we filmed it for those who don't believe)and he has been rolling over since day 10.

Adrianne just took his 2 week old pictures for us - I must say they will make your heart melt -





25 comments:

martinsenfamily said...

Congratulations! He is so handsome! We are so happy for you and know you'll be great parents.
-Jeff and Ashley

The Thompson's said...

Oh my word....What a CUTIE!!! I have been wondering if you'd had the baby yet. He is so precious and I love all that red hair. His name is adorable too. I hope you are recovering well, I had the same thing happen on my son. Well, Congratulations, I am so happy for you and Marshal, you guys will do great!!

Dana said...

Ohhhhh! Brex is adorable!!! What a precious gift to you and Marshal. Congratulations! -Rodger & Dana

Erica said...

Holy! He is a freakin' DOLL! I am so happy for you guys. YAY! 2 red heads. I love it, and yes the pictures made me melt.

Soccer Mom said...

Ooohhhh! He is beautiful!!! You looked GREAT on Sunday! Just remember not to push too hard after that C-Section!!!

Krazy Keetch's said...

Oh my goodness; what an adorable little boy! Are you just so in love with him or what? I cannot get over how stinkin' cute he is! Good work guys! Congrats..

Michelle said...

I have been waiting patiently for pictures ever since mom told me he was here. He is adorable! And I'm sorry about the c-section, that is exactly how it happened with Cooper. He came out with the worst cone head I've ever seen. He's beautiful - can't wait to see you! Good job!

Amy said...

Yaah he made it! He looks so healthy. I can't wait to meet him.

Mandi Ward said...

He is so stinkin adorable, you guys made a pretty beautiful baby. I am so happy for you.

Brook Wms said...

So cute, I'm glad you told me about the pics on your blog!! He has the cutest little chin ever!! and those eyes! wow- he is absolutely adorable!!

Cathy said...

What a good looking baby! Is he really doing push ups and rolling over? He's smarter then kids twice his age. ;)
I'm so happy for you and your family.

Barker Family said...

He is so cute. I can't wait to see him. I hope everything is going good for you and your new little family.

Alli E. said...

Adorable!! I am so happy for you guys!! (Allison Buehler Esplin)

Jaime And Tyrell said...

What an adorable little baby! I was wondering if you were ever going to show some pics. Hope you are doing well after the C-sections.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Mist!! Congratulations! He is so adorable!! I can't wait to meet the little guy....
So glad that it all worked out and he's happy and healthy...oh and he came early like you were hoping! :)

Mindy said...

Mist-
He is so perfect! I am so happy for you. There is nothing like motherhood! We're coming out next month. I'd love to see you!

Launa Nicole said...

Wow! Great pictures. Brooklyn Nicole came early as well. She was only 3 days early. My water broke while I was at work on Monday morning. Fortunately for me labor went well at after arriving at the hospital at 1:30 she was born at 8:35. We are now home and settled in for the new adventure of having 2 kids. Congratulations!!

HHM Crew said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable;what a sweet little man. I am glad all went well for you and that you are all doing good. You guys will be the best parents ever; you've waited so long for this!
-Heather and Heath

Anonymous said...

Oh Congrats! He is so stinkin adorable.

The Mothership said...

Cut pics, we are excited for you. Little ones are so much fun, and so cute.

Al said...

What a little cutie! Congrats! I hope mom and baby are doing well!

Anonymous said...

He is sooo cute! What a healthy looking boy in the nudey pics. We can't wait for you to bring him to see us, or if you would rather, we will come to your house, you guys did a wonderful job

Tracy and Tammie

Francis Family said...

Congratulations on your new baby!!! He is so precious! We hope everything is going well with you guys. Hopefully we can all get together someday and have a big family reunion! Love you. Kylie

Anonymous said...

It was such a treat to be able to visit with you, see your cute home and meet (and hold) your precious little Brex. We are kind of partial to red hair! The pictures of Brex are darling. You are such a happy family. Good luck as you finish school, Misty.

Krishel said...

Hey Misty! I added your blog to my stalking list so I can watch that cute little guy grow up :)